The 2023 NFL season is set to kick off in style on Thursday night in Kansas City, where the reigning Super Bowl champions, the Chiefs, will take on the Detroit Lions. It’s an exciting matchup that promises to set the tone for the season ahead.
Leading the charge for the Chiefs is none other than Patrick Mahomes, a two-time NFL and Super Bowl MVP. With Mahomes at the helm, the Chiefs are once again considered the frontrunners in the AFC, with their sights set on another title run.
On the other side of the field, the Lions are hungry for success. Despite narrowly missing out on the playoffs last year, they are expected to be strong contenders in the NFC North this season. The absence of Aaron Rodgers in the division has opened up opportunities, and the Lions have assembled an offense featuring quarterback Jared Goff, wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown, and promising rookie running back Jahmyr Gibbs.
But the excitement doesn’t end with the game itself. This Thursday’s kickoff is a special one as it will be broadcast on NBC and Peacock, starting at 5:20 p.m. PT (8:20 p.m. ET). So, even if you’re not a cable subscriber, there are plenty of options to catch the action.
Speaking of options, the 2023 NFL season has made it easier than ever for fans to tune in. Amazon’s Prime Video will host most Thursday night games, while YouTube and YouTube TV have become the exclusive home of NFL Sunday Ticket. Paramount Plus, Peacock, Prime Video, and ESPN Plus are also offering streaming options for various games. With such a wide array of choices, NFL fans have a lot to look forward to this season.
If you’re wondering how to watch the Lions vs. Chiefs game without a cable subscription, you’re in luck. NBC is available on all major streaming services, making it accessible to a wide audience. Additionally, you can stream the game live on NBC’s Peacock streaming service, offering even more flexibility.
For those who prefer a more traditional approach, consider using an over-the-air antenna connected to your TV. This setup allows you to access basic channels like CBS and Fox for Sunday afternoons, NBC for Sunday Night Football, and even ABC for some Monday Night Football action. The best part? There are no streaming fees or monthly subscriptions required, though you’ll need to ensure good reception in your area.
How to Watch Chiefs vs Lions NFL Match Without Cable
For a detailed look at your streaming options, here’s a breakdown of some popular services:
- Peacock Premium: For just $6 a month, Peacock Premium offers access to all NBC-aired games, including the Lions vs. Chiefs opening night matchup and Sunday Night Football throughout the season.
- YouTube TV: Priced at $73 a month, YouTube TV includes NBC. You can check the availability of local networks in your area by entering your ZIP code on their website.
- Hulu Plus Live TV: Currently at $70 a month (increasing to $77 in October), Hulu Plus Live TV provides NBC in most markets. Use their live news page to find out which local channels are included.
- DirecTV Stream: The basic Entertainment package, priced at $75 a month, includes NBC in most markets. You can use their channel lookup tool to confirm local channel availability.
- Fubo TV: Fubo costs $75 a month and includes NBC in most markets. They offer a tool to check which local channels are available in your area.
- Sling TV Blue: Sling TV’s Sling Blue package offers local NBC stations in select markets. The cost is either $40 or $45 per month, depending on your location.
All of the mentioned live TV streaming services offer free trials and allow you to cancel anytime, making it easy to find the right fit for your NFL viewing needs. With a solid internet connection, you can enjoy a season filled with thrilling football action. For more information and guidance on live TV streaming services, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide. So, gear up, NFL fans, because the 2023 season promises to be one for the books!