As we mark the occasion of Virat Kohli’s 35th birthday, it’s not just any ordinary milestone for the legendary Indian cricketer. This day is even more special as it aligns with the Men in Blue’s upcoming clash against South Africa in the World Cup. This means that cricket enthusiasts are in for a fantastic treat on his birthday as they get to witness Kohli’s exceptional performance at the No. 3 position.
Virat Kohli Amazing Records – Virat Kohli Birthday Special
Virat Kohli’s Cricket Journey: Let’s take a closer look at the incredible cricketing journey of Virat Kohli, highlighting five extraordinary records that establish him as a true cricketing maestro.
Exceptional Test and ODI Player
- In Test cricket, Virat Kohli stands as the fifth-highest run-scorer. He has accumulated an impressive 8,676 runs in just 111 matches at an average of 49.29. This modern maestro has notched up 29 centuries and 29 half-centuries, with a best score of 254*.
- Kohli’s excellence extends to T20 cricket, where he is the highest run-scorer. With 4,008 runs in 115 matches, he boasts an average of 52.73 and a remarkable strike rate of 137.97. Kohli has also clinched one century and 37 half-centuries in T20s, with a highest score of 122*. He holds the record for the most man-of-the-match and man-of-the-series awards in this format.
Most Successful Test Captain for India
- Virat Kohli’s leadership in Test cricket has been nothing short of extraordinary. He led the Indian team to the top of the Test rankings for five consecutive years during his captaincy. Under his guidance, India played a total of 68 matches, securing 40 wins, 17 losses, and 11 draws. His captaincy legacy is etched in the annals of cricketing history.
- In the One Day International (ODI) format, Virat Kohli’s prowess is truly legendary. At 35 years old, he stands as the fourth-highest run-scorer in the format and is the second-highest ODI run-scorer for India, second only to his idol Sachin Tendulkar.
Second-Highest ODI Centuries
- Virat Kohli is on a quest to surpass Sachin Tendulkar’s record for the most centuries in ODI cricket. Tendulkar currently holds the top spot with 49 centuries in 463 matches, while Kohli has 48 centuries despite playing significantly fewer matches (288). His determination to achieve this remarkable feat is a testament to his unwavering commitment to the sport.
Chase Master Kohli
- Kohli has earned the title of ‘Chase Master’ for his exceptional contributions to India’s successful run chases in ODI cricket over the last decade. He has amassed a remarkable 5,786 runs at an astounding average of 90.40 during successful run chases, including 23 centuries and 25 half-centuries. He’s the go-to player when it comes to navigating challenging chases.
- Virat Kohli’s Ex Girl Friends List Before Marrying Anushka Sharma
- Virat Kohli Tattoos Images,Photos, Meaning And More
Conclusion: In a career filled with remarkable achievements, Virat Kohli’s cricketing journey continues to inspire and captivate fans around the world. As he celebrates his 35th birthday, we eagerly anticipate many more records to tumble, and we look forward to witnessing his enduring excellence on the cricketing stage.